SkyDancer is a children’s educational game which was developed in partnership with the RSPB, and is published on the RSPB website.
Following the game jam (info below), myself and 4 other students formed a new team to develop the game. Taking ideas from the GameJam prototypes, we created a full game with several levels and a variety of mechanics.
- Unity and C# was used to develop the game
- Game features menu systems, high scores, variety of game mechanics and levels
For SkyDancer I worked on:
- Creating the levels and mechanics for the game
- Implementing improvements and changes from feedback from the RSPB and play-testers during development
- Menu, UI, and scoring systems
- Integrating art work and animations into the game
SkyDancer (Game Jam)
Awarded the “Technical Achievement” for our game jam submission – SkyDancer
SkyDancer was developed for a 3 day GameJam event organised by Northumbria University and the RSPB. Myself and 4 other students developed the game using Unity and C#
Along with the other programmers on the team, I worked on:
- Core mechanics: Flying, Dance Animation, Pickups, Food Pass
(the passing of food to the other bird)
- Collisions with pickups and moving ground.
- Scoring system, score multipliers, and Energy bar
- Menu system
The event was reported on by The Journal newspaper as seen in this online post: Journal Post